Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

So Say We All!

It's the second day of 2012 and though it's 6pm at night, I'm still going to stick to my guns and post away. I'm still working on my Resolution List but have decided on one thing for sure regarding my blog: Mondays will be Inspirational Quote Day.

Mondays are the least favourite day of the week so what better way to start it off (even if it's at 6pm!) than with a saying that will make you smile, laugh or possibly even stir up a spark inside of you.

My quote for the first Monday of the year will seem silly to some but it struck me as soon as I heard it again yesterday. I decided to start rewatching "Battlestar Galactica" from the beginning and in the pilot episode, Edward James Olmos (as Commander Wialliam Adama) is making an announcement to the fleet about the attack by the Cylons. The majority of the human civilization has just been wiped out and there are now only approximately 50 000 people left. The last few sentences of his speech made me pause and rewind so I could write it down. Sadly I cannot find a clip of it to post here but will write it out here for you all:

"You've trained for this. You're ready for this. Stand to your duties. Trust your fellow shipmates, and we'll all get through this."


2012 will be the year I fight back against my doubts and fears - this quote makes me realize that it's not such a silly thing to think is possible.

I hope the rest of your Monday is lovely everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Whatever happened to that spin-off show Caprica? I stopped watching halfway through the first season. Is it even on the air anymore?

    ReplyDelete